Each sheet contains 10 story problems that require different strategies to be used to solve them. Students are encouraged to show their workings so teachers can see what strategies have been used.
Included in the book are:
- An overview of strategies at Stage 7
- Placement test
- Story problem sheets for each individual Learning Intention
- 40 story problem sheets with avatars
- 40 story problem sheets without avatars
- Colour coded answer sheets
Each story problem has an avatar. When a student answers a problem correctly the avatar can be cut out and glued onto the appropriate square of their overview sheet. This shows at a glance what areas a student hasn’t covered or is having difficulty with. A non-avatar version is also included.
Numeracy 123 Story Problems includes 107 pages in full colour.
Individual Learning Intention sheets give students an opportunity to practise solving story problems using one strategy ( see overview sheet in free download for Learning Intentions ).