Each sheet contains 10 story problems that require different strategies to solve them, at a particular stage. To answer story problems correctly, students must use the strategies that are taught for Stages 2 – 7. Students are encouraged to show their workings so teachers can see what strategies have been used.
Included on the disc are:
- Overviews of strategies for Stages 2 – 7
- Placement test
- Story problem sheets for each individual Learning Intention at each Stage
- 20 story problem sheets with story pictures for Stages 2 – 3
- 40 story problem sheets with avatars for Stages 4 – 7
- 40 story problem sheets without avatars Stages 4 – 7
- Colour coded answer sheets
Each story problem has a story picture (Stages 2 – 3) or an avatar (Stages 4 – 7). When a student answers a problem correctly the picture or avatar can be cut out and glued onto the appropriate square of their overview sheet. This shows at a glance what areas a student hasn’t covered or is having difficulty with. A non-avatar version is also included ( Stages 4 – 7 ).
Numeracy 123 Story Problems includes 459 pages in full colour.
Individual Learning Intention sheets give students an opportunity to practise solving story problems using one strategy.